The West Virginia State Treasurer’s Office handles investment activity at the participant account level. Procedures for “Opening an Account”, “Investing in the BTI Pools”, and associated forms are detailed below:
HOW DO I OPEN AN ACCOUNT?
1. Provide a Consolidated Fund Resolution adopted by the political subdivision’s authorizing body, such as the county commission, school board, city council, board of directors, etc., authorizing investment in the Consolidated Fund and granting authority to a responsible party to make decisions with regard to investment in the pools that comprise the Fund.
2. Complete the Local Government Account Form and iPAS application. This is a two-page form. The first is the application for the investment account; the second page is an application for iPAS – the Internet Participant Access System. iPAS allows account access via the Internet.
3. Mail the Consolidated Fund Resolution along with the completed Account Request Form to:
West Virginia State Treasurer’s Office
Attention: Participant Accounting
315 70th Street
Charleston, WV 25304
4. After the account is approved, the opening deposit will be processed, and an account number assigned.
5. The account number will be provided via mail.
6. There is no limit to the number of accounts each participant may open. If you have any questions, please contact Participant Accounting at (304) 340-1577.
HOW DO I INVEST IN THE FUND?
Once your account is established, contributions and withdrawals can be completed daily for the West Virginia Money Market and the West Virginia Government Money Market pools. Activity for the West Virginia Short Term Bond pool is processed on the first working day of each month.
The most efficient way to conduct investment account activity is to use iPAS – the Internet Participant Access System. If you have not completed an iPAS application, please contact Diane Holcomb, Director of Participant Account at (304) 340-1573 or at email@example.com.
If you are unable to utilize the Local Government Online system, the Deposit, Withdrawal and Transfer forms may be used to request transactions.
The deadline for same-day processing, regardless of the method used to request transactions, is 9:00 a.m. Request received after 9:00 a.m. will be held for next-day processing.
ACH transactions will settle the business day following the process date. The Treasurer's office will initiate all ACH transactions.
Wire transactions will settle the same day as the processing date. You must instruct your bank to initiate wires related to deposits. Please contact Participant Accounting using the phone number indicated on the Deposit Request form for wiring instructions.
Please note: If you change bank accounts, please contact the Treasurer's office immediately.
WILL I RECEIVE AN ACCOUNT STATEMENT?
Monthly statements are provided for each participant account.